Calendar of Events Learn More
- Friday, December 20, 5-7:30pm. Christmas Happy Hour & new member recruitment. We will gather at 227 Water Street in the Dos Comales Cantina. There will be appetizers and a cash bar with lots of Christmas spirit and enthusiasm for the coming year. Bring a friend who is interested in joining in the work of our local League, and plan to have a fun evening.
11/21/13 LWV-CC conducted the Consensus Session on the Texas Human Trafficking Study. The M&G presentation was rescheduled to accommodate this important consensus study.
10/17/13 Mayor Martinez and Councilman Loeb joined us to talk about Destination Bayfront; members of opposition groups joined the discussion. (Due to scheduling difficulties our local League did not sponsor the planned public forum related to the bond issue election for Destination Bayfront.)
September 19th General Membership Luncheon - Topic: Voter Registration and Deputizing
September 24th - National Voter Registration Day
Location: LWV-CC members & partners will be registering voters at TAMUCC
The_Voter Learn More
- Local members are encouraged
to visit http://www.lwvtexas.org/ to review
the state League Legislative Newsletter.
Read The Voter to learn more about what the League of Women Voters of Corpus Christi is currently working on and share your talents to help us make our community a better place.
About the League Learn More
- The League of Women Voters of the United States believes that public policy in a pluralistic society must affirm the constitutional right of privacy of the individual to make reproductive choices.
Elections, Forums & Voters Guides Learn More
- Link for mobile phone users: http://www.legis.state.tx.us/mytlo/mobile/default.aspx
Democracy is hard work by local league member Nick Jimenez.
Local Election Results
Your Vote Counts Video Contest Learn More
- The YOUR VOTE COUNTS video contest closed 6-12-12 and was open to all local students.
Texas Water Resources Learn More
- A League study of the laws about and management of water in Texas.
Join the League Learn More
- Print and complete this PDF Application, and submit it with your dues.
Contact Us Learn More
- ...for more information.
There are certain terms that are unique
to the League of Women Voters-
"League Lingo." Some are listed here
to help new members and remind all of
us. More will be printed at a later date.
ACTION: Promoting the League's
positions on local, state and national
public policy issues to government officials,
the media and the public.
Action Alert: Request from the
LWVUS or state League to take action
in support of a League position.
Annual Meeting: Local year-end
business meeting to elect officers and
directors, vote on bylaw changes and
adopt a budget and program of work
for the next year.
Associate Member: A nonvoting
member of the League, such as
a person under 18 years of age or a
Consensus: Collective opinion of a
substantial number of League members,
representative of the membership
as a whole, after objective study of an
Concurrence: Agreement by League
members with a position on an issue
reached by a small group of members
or by another League.
Convention: A state or national
League meeting held every other year
at which delegates elect officers and
directors for the biennium, adopt program,
make bylaw changes and adopt
a budget, usually for one year. Local
Leagues send delegates to state convention,
local and state Leagues send
delegates to national convention.