Calendar of Events Learn More
- April 12. Join LWV-CC at Earth Day-Bay Day, 8:30-5, Heritage Park.
April 17, 11:30 am. Jeff Shea, expected site manager for M&G's facility planned for the Corpus Christi ship channel is the scheduled guest for the April 17 meeting. Box lunches ($10) available by reservation, call LWV-CC, 361-445-4436.
Location: Del Mar Center for Economic Development.
April 24, 7:00 PM, rm 514, White Library, Del Mar East campus. Move to Amend. David Cobb will tell the story of the American creation myth and the Constitution as it pertains to Corporate Personhood and illegitimate but legal corporate constitutional rights. Visit Barnstorming@movetoamend.org for all the details.
April 25-27 LWV Texas State Convention, Austin, Texas.
May 17 - Annual Meeting (luncheon)
June 6-10 LWVUS 51st National Convention, Dallas, Texas
Read more about local events in The VOTER.
The_Voter Learn More
- Read The Voter to learn more about what the League of Women Voters of Corpus Christi is all about.
About the League Learn More
- The League of Women Voters of the United States believes that public policy in a pluralistic society must affirm the constitutional right of privacy of the individual to make reproductive choices.
Elections, Forums & Voters Guides Learn More
- March 2014 Election and February 10 Forum information
Link for mobile phone users: http://www.legis.state.tx.us/mytlo/mobile/default.aspx
Democracy is hard work by local league member Nick Jimenez.
Local Election Results
Your Vote Counts Video Contest Learn More
- The YOUR VOTE COUNTS video contest closed 6-12-12 and was open to all local students.
Texas Water Resources Learn More
- A League study of the laws about and management of water in Texas.
Join the League Learn More
- Print and complete this PDF Application, and submit it with your dues.
Contact Us Learn More
- ...for more information.
There are certain terms that are unique
to the League of Women Voters-
"League Lingo." Some are listed here
to help new members and remind all of
us. More will be printed at a later date.
ACTION: Promoting the League's
positions on local, state and national
public policy issues to government officials,
the media and the public.
Action Alert: Request from the
LWVUS or state League to take action
in support of a League position.
Annual Meeting: Local year-end
business meeting to elect officers and
directors, vote on bylaw changes and
adopt a budget and program of work
for the next year.
Associate Member: A nonvoting
member of the League, such as
a person under 18 years of age or a
Consensus: Collective opinion of a
substantial number of League members,
representative of the membership
as a whole, after objective study of an
Concurrence: Agreement by League
members with a position on an issue
reached by a small group of members
or by another League.
Convention: A state or national
League meeting held every other year
at which delegates elect officers and
directors for the biennium, adopt program,
make bylaw changes and adopt
a budget, usually for one year. Local
Leagues send delegates to state convention,
local and state Leagues send
delegates to national convention.