Calendar of Events Learn More
- April 16 Membership Meeting - SPECIAL EVENING MEETING - Public Forum on Water Management Invite your friends, family and neighbors to this important free event.
Additional details in the April Voter 5:30pm-8pm, Del Mar Economic Development Center.
Membership renewal now available on-line. Memberships run May 31 thru June 1.
Please save these dates:
Saturday, May 23, LWV-CC Annual Meeting, 10am-noon. Brunch at Sugarbakers.
Friday, August 28, LWV-CC Equality Day celebration. 6-9:30pm at the Corpus Christi Country Club.
Concerned about all the $$$ in Politics? Read LWV Primer on Campaign Finance Refore
Meetings are on the 3rd Thursday at Del Mar College Center for Economic Development, 3209 Staples. (Del Mar College is closed the week we meet in March.)
Voter Information (Voter ID, Guides, registration, party platforms, elections) Learn More
- Voters Guides, voter ID and voter information
The_Voter Learn More
- Important reminder! RENEW or JOIN today! Membership is from June 1 to May 31. More information in each monthly VOTER.
About the League Learn More
- The League of Women Voters of the United States believes that public policy in a pluralistic society must affirm the constitutional right of privacy of the individual to make reproductive choices.
Annual Meeting - Local Position Statements Learn More
- The annual meeting is held in May. Details available in the Annual Meeting Workbooks.
Join the League / Renew / Donate Learn More
- Join the League, renew your annual membership or donate online via PayPal.
OR Print and complete this 2015 PDF Application, and submit it with your dues.
Contact Us Learn More
- ...for more information.
Texas Water Resources Learn More
- A League study of the laws about and management of water in Texas.
Your Vote Counts Video Contest Learn More
- The YOUR VOTE COUNTS video contest closed 6-12-12 and was open to all local students.
Corpus Christi League of Women Voters
There are certain terms that are unique
to the League of Women Voters-
"League Lingo." Some are listed here
to help new members and remind all of
us. More will be printed at a later date.
ACTION: Promoting the League's
positions on local, state and national
public policy issues to government officials,
the media and the public.
Action Alert: Request from the
LWVUS or state League to take action
in support of a League position.
Annual Meeting: Local year-end
business meeting to elect officers and
directors, vote on bylaw changes and
adopt a budget and program of work
for the next year.
Associate Member: A nonvoting
member of the League, such as
a person under 18 years of age or a
Consensus: Collective opinion of a
substantial number of League members,
representative of the membership
as a whole, after objective study of an
Concurrence: Agreement by League
members with a position on an issue
reached by a small group of members
or by another League.
Convention: A state or national
League meeting held every other year
at which delegates elect officers and
directors for the biennium, adopt program,
make bylaw changes and adopt
a budget, usually for one year. Local
Leagues send delegates to state convention,
local and state Leagues send
delegates to national convention.