Calendar of Events Learn More
- June 24, 6pm. Last district meeting (City Council district 2) to introduce Plan-CC 2035.
June 28, 9am-1pm. City-wide public session to discuss the results of the district meetings and introduce the planned calendar and objectives.(American Bank Center, 9:00AM-1:00PM; free parking & light refreshments.) (ATTEND and WEAR YOUR LWV PIN!)
Plan-CC 2035 will replace or update the fragment city master plan, (introduced in the late 80"s with no amendments since 1995).
NOTE: This activity dovetails perfectly with the LWV-CC plan to study and update our positions on the bayfront master plan, transportation, and neighborhood parks (http://www.plancc2035.com)
The_Voter Learn More
- Important reminder! Membership is from June 1, 2014, to May 31, 2015; renew your membership (or join us!) today. More information in the June Voter
Read The Voter to learn more about what the League of Women Voters of Corpus Christi is all about.
About the League Learn More
- The League of Women Voters of the United States believes that public policy in a pluralistic society must affirm the constitutional right of privacy of the individual to make reproductive choices.
Annual Meeting - Local Position Statements Learn More
- The annual meeting is held in May. Details available in the Annual Meeting Workbooks.
Elections, Forums & Voters Guides Learn More
- March 2014 Election and February 10 Forum information
Link for mobile phone users: http://www.legis.state.tx.us/mytlo/mobile/default.aspx
Democracy is hard work by local league member Nick Jimenez.
Local Election Results
Your Vote Counts Video Contest Learn More
- The YOUR VOTE COUNTS video contest closed 6-12-12 and was open to all local students.
Texas Water Resources Learn More
- A League study of the laws about and management of water in Texas.
Join the League Learn More
- Print and complete this 2014 PDF Application, and submit it with your dues.
Contact Us Learn More
- ...for more information.
There are certain terms that are unique
to the League of Women Voters-
"League Lingo." Some are listed here
to help new members and remind all of
us. More will be printed at a later date.
ACTION: Promoting the League's
positions on local, state and national
public policy issues to government officials,
the media and the public.
Action Alert: Request from the
LWVUS or state League to take action
in support of a League position.
Annual Meeting: Local year-end
business meeting to elect officers and
directors, vote on bylaw changes and
adopt a budget and program of work
for the next year.
Associate Member: A nonvoting
member of the League, such as
a person under 18 years of age or a
Consensus: Collective opinion of a
substantial number of League members,
representative of the membership
as a whole, after objective study of an
Concurrence: Agreement by League
members with a position on an issue
reached by a small group of members
or by another League.
Convention: A state or national
League meeting held every other year
at which delegates elect officers and
directors for the biennium, adopt program,
make bylaw changes and adopt
a budget, usually for one year. Local
Leagues send delegates to state convention,
local and state Leagues send
delegates to national convention.